Tuesday, April 04, 2017

JUST WHO IS THE VICTIM HERE?

SPECIAL POST

Three teenage boys broke into a house in Tulsa, Oklahoma for the purpose of theft.  The three were shot dead by the 23-year-old son of the homeowner who was home at the time.  Now, the grandfather of one of the dead teens is complaining that the boys were shot by an AR-15 and that their shooting was therefore unjustified because the bandits had only brass knuckles and a knife.  

What in hell has this country come to?  

Let me be clear: If someone breaks into my house, I likely do not know what they are armed with or what their intentions are.  They have invaded MY space in a threatening manner and I certainly must be afraid for my life.  If they were afraid for their lives, they wouldn't be breaking into my house.  So, I'm going to reach for my gun and I'm going to be yelling that I have a gun at the same time.  If the intruders don't immediately high-tail it out the door, they're going to get shot.  

And if that offends somebody, that's just too damned bad.   

That's MY AMERICAN OPINION, respectfully submitted. 

No comments: