Friday, January 16, 2015

"FREE" COLLEGE EDUCATION?

SPECIAL POST

Here we go with another entitlement: finish high school and every graduate is entitled to a free two-year college degree.  Well ain't that just fine and dandy?  

Do you think the colleges and universities are just going to quit charging tuition?  Someone has to pay for it, and it amounts to about $70 billion in the first ten years alone.  I guess that will mean you and me paying for the D- student who wants a free two-year vacation?  It sounds like one helluva party to me... on my dime.  

And what about those on welfare, social security disability and other "free" programs?  Do they appreciate it?  

Granted, many kids don't get as good an education as they might otherwise have gotten due to money constraints.  There are Pell Grants and student loans available.  But, you do have to study and get decent grades.  

Now then... if you were to require two years of honorable military service or Peace Corps duty, something like that... I might be persuaded otherwise.  That might help one to appreciate his education more like the people who are earning and paying their own way now.  But the way this has been presented is nothing more than another Obama boondoggle taking what little money I have left out of my pocket.  

That's MY AMERICAN OPINION, respectfully submitted. 


No comments: