Monday, August 25, 2014

MIDDLE EAST: I'M SORRY BUT...

SPECIAL POST

There's is great concern both here and abroad about the savagery and brutality of a growing I.S.I.S. threat in the Middle East.  Even President Obama has felt the growing pressure from the American public to do something about I.S.I.S. before some act of barbarism occurs on the homeland.  Yet, there are those who are totally and justifiably against us getting involved in another protracted war. 

War is ugly.  When you see it on the television set, it doesn't show the ugliness of heads blown to bits with blood and body parts strewn everywhere.  So, there is no way I can agree with allowing such agony to stretch on, day after day, week after week and month after month such as has occurred in every war we've been involved in since Harry Truman authorized the "Big Ones" in Japan to bring an end to World War II.  

But, that's the point: the war was ended.  The suffering and agony of war came to a stop.  

Once again, it seems as if we are with trepidation on the verge of committing ourselves again to another worthwhile war.  But, once again, we're going into it like tiptoes through the tulips, oblivious to the reality that they want to annihilate us and take over the world and we want to be politically correct in virtually everything we do... even war.  

I say, "Bullshit.  If we're going to war, go to war to win.  Otherwise, stay out."  Enough of the surgically accurate drone strikes designed to strike fear in the hearts of terrorists while preventing injury to the civilians.  War is not a story written by some journalist to be staged and presented on the big screen.  War is by its very nature ugly, so if you are going to fight one, don't pussy-foot around.  

If it were up to me, I'd drop two or three good seized nukes out there in I.S.I.S.-controlled Iraq or Syria just as a warm up... something to gain their attention.  If that didn't end the threat and scatter the enemy, I'd go in there and rain on them with everything we have until a white flag showed up.  No way would I try to tackle these bastards with .22 pistols and slingshots. 

Either that, or I'd keep the troops and drones at home, because sooner or later, most likely sooner, we're going to need them here. 

That's MY AMERICAN OPINION, respectfully submitted. 

No comments: