Thursday, May 30, 2013

THE SCANDALS: HOLD THE HORSES, TONTO

SPECIAL POST

I suppose I'm just as guilty of it as anyone else, especially those who have known since before Obama was first elected that he would eventually lead the nation into a pile of dung; now, he appears to have arrived and we are frothing at the mouth wanting to firmly impale him on the spear of American Democracy.  Just the other day, I wrote about my fears that his past successes in stonewalling and delaying could allow him to finish his term before justice is served.  

There are now some voices cautioning that we need to back off our rhetoric a notch or two.  They say that all of this anti-Obama talk could backfire, and that the last thing we need is a rush to judgment.  

I think there are some wise voices wanting to make certain that we get all of the facts out on the table and straight before we push Obama into the frying pan, lest we fall in ourselves.  While I still am fearful that this character will shuck and duck his way through these messes, I do not want to make a mistake and end up coming up short, either. 

To that end, we need to get all of the questions answered, as quickly and thoroughly as we possible can.  I favor the creation of special prosecutors with appropriate subpoena power to investigate the facts as quickly as possible.  Some say we should allow Congress to do its work first, but I'm not too enthused about how that approach worked in the Fast & Furious scandal.  I don't think we can or should afford to allow these latest scandals to suffer the same fate. 

That's MY AMERICAN OPINION, respectfully submitted. 

No comments: