Saturday, October 13, 2012

A DIFFERENT KIND OF POST FROM ME


I caught a little bit of Glenn Beck on the Blaze Network Friday.  The gist of the program was that he believes Americans need to turn to prayer for the good of the country and a proper outcome of the election.  So, I guess I had an epiphany of sorts. 

I am a devout Christian, but I am not a religious man in the context of belonging to and attending church.  Frankly, I don’t know that I believe in religion anymore; I think that religions have become too self-serving to be properly serving the dictates of God and Christianity.  But, that’s an argument for another day. 

I need to set the framework for where I am coming from.  I have had too many messages from God during my life to believe anything other than He exists. I consider myself to be very lucky, because my prayers have always been answered and in such a manner that I damned well knew they had been answered.  My physical being has been saved too many times in my lifetime to chalk things up to mere coincidence.

Accordingly, I do look at things from that perspective and I have come to believe that God does work in mysterious ways.  Yet, in the final analysis, God also reveals His reasoning as He accomplishes things. 

This all having been said, I get to the situation our country is now in.  I believe that this nation was blessed from the very beginning, and that we prospered and became leaders of the world because we followed the fundamental teachings of God and Christ in everything we did.  As time has worn on, however, we have strayed from those fundamentals and we have evolved into an almost godless society which does not value human life or dignity. 

And therefore, I submit, we are now faced with the prospect of going down the road to oblivion as a nation. 

We can certainly hope for a better nation.  We can wish that Obama and his devil cohorts be banished from the face of the earth.  We can go to rallies and talk to our neighbors and do everything we can to change who is in the White House.  But, those are not the real answers.  We need a down-to-earth change in the attitudes and beliefs of every single member of our government, in all three branches… Congress, the Supreme Court and the Executive Branch. 

The plain simple fact of the matter is that no one, not Mitt Romney, Paul Ryan, Donald Trump, Mike Huckabee, Joe Biden…. No one can change all of the things that need to be changed to get our country back on the right course.  Things have eroded to such an extent that a monumental undertaking beyond our human abilities must take place.  We can do all of the things that we should be doing to try and make this happen, but we need the backing and support of God to pull it off.

So, let us together take time to pray every night and every morning and every waking hour… Let us pray together that this nation under God be recreated, that the devil be cast aside from our ship of state, that the November election outcome, whatever it is, be the beginning of a renewed commitment to the truth, to honesty, to integrity, to ethics and to God.  And, if we’re not willing to come together and pray for that, we deserve the hell we are about to face. 

That’s MY AMERICAN OPINION, respectfully submitted.  


No comments: