Wednesday, September 17, 2014

IS IT GOING TO BE A WAR, OR JUST PUSSY-FOOTING AROUND?

SPECIAL POST

They way it looks as a result of yesterday's Congressional hearings is that we're in for another damned-dumb war effort: run by politicians in Washington, with constraints upon  the military and no clear strategy to win.  They even admit that American boots will probably end up on the ground.  That means hundreds, if not thousands, of more casualties in war we will never win. 

Don't get me wrong. I understand that we are not going to effectively deal with the I.S.I.S. threat unless we confront them, and I'd much rather have it happen over there than here.   But, as I've said before many times, war is ugly.  If you have to fight one, you have to fight it with no holds barred, with every asset you have and with convincing determination to win and get out.  

We should be in and out of there in 90 days, leaving behind a non-existent I.S.I.S. and sending a clear message to the world that we mean business.  

They're talking about us being in there for a long time... maybe even a "generation."  I am diametrically opposed to this rerun of American-style, politically managed "war."  Given the direction they're headed in, I vote strongly that we stay the hell out. 

That's MY AMERICAN OPINION, respectfully submitted. 

No comments: