Tuesday, September 16, 2014

AND WHAT ABOUT IRAN?

SPECIAL POST

We've been so wrapped up with I.S.I.S. and its growing pure-evil lately that we just may be overlooking an even bigger danger... Iran.  

Most Americans don't realize that the influence of Iran extends far beyond its borders and into the entire region, including Syria and Iraq.  Almost no one in that region makes a move without at least running it by the Iranian government first.  That fact has a great deal to do with the reluctance of the regional countries to join the U.S. in a war against I.S.I.S.  Indeed, the way things are sizing up with I.S.I.S. using Syria as a safe haven, I think there is a strong probability that Iran is playing a support role to the terrorists.  

That having been said, what about the continuing progress of Iran toward nuclear weapons?  That factor has been downplayed in recent weeks and months, but the fact is that talks are again at a standstill; and they continue to get closer and closer to the reality of a nuclear weapon.  In fact, I think that the final construction of a nuclear bomb could be much closer than we think... perhaps even imminent. 

Obama has proven himself to be aversive to confrontation and totally inept in the nuances of leadership among nations.  If indeed his perceived weakness has severely decreased America's ability to rally support to deal with I.S.I.S., what level of support can we depend on if we have to deal with Iran? 

That's MY AMERICAN OPINION, respectfully  submitted. 

No comments: