Saturday, January 23, 2016

TRUMPED

Like all of you, I've been very interested in politics these past months.  Given the real current state of the union, I'm sincerely concerned about the future of our country. 

 I do wish a couple of more would have entered the Democrat race; as it is, the three candidates seem to be trying to convince Americans that they are better qualified than the others to screw up the country some more.  I wouldn't vote for any of them to be dog catcher, because I like dogs.   

When I look at the Republican candidates... first of all, I'm dismayed that so many decided to jump into the race.  I think a lot of time was wasted by all of us in the first few months trying to figure out who was a viable candidate who we also liked.  But finally, as we head toward the Iowa caucuses, the race seems to have narrowed down to two, Trump and Cruz. 

I think Cruz means well and that he has excellent credentials.  I do have concerns about his not reporting that loan from Goldman Sachs and I do think he needs to get this birth question resolved.  He could have done that through the courts before he announced his candidacy, but he chose not to do so and that bothers me; it doesn't sound to me like he is as proactive as I would like a president to be. If there's a potential problem, you need to deal with it as early as possible, before it metastasizes like a cancer.  

You also have to have some flexibility as president, to be able to negotiate solutions to the nation's problems.  I think Cruz demonstrated that he is stubborn to the nth degree, and we have a president in office right now who is of a similar ilk; it's either his way or the highway. 

I've been teetering on the edge of coming out for Trump for several weeks.  I think the last few days have swayed me over the fence.  I'm sick and tired of all of these would-be political gurus coming out of the crevices and telling me why I should not vote for Trump.  These are the same yokels who pooh poohed my trepidations about Obama back in 2008 and who now run around screaming "Why didn't anyone warn us?"  They're the ones who continue to sit on the sidelines wringing their wrists in dismay while they do nothing about it.  

That, in and of itself, is reason enough for me to vote for Trump. 

But, I also look at the things that need to be addressed by a new president in short order, and that list is long. To top it off, the new guy on Pennsylvania Avenue is going to have to wade through one helluva pile of muck before he can start to make some progress.  Of all of the candidates, I conclude that Trump is the best prepared.  

I've got a nice, new, red cap my son sent me for Christmas and I'm wearing it as I finish this post.  Count me in for Trump.  

Go ahead, you twits in the hierarchy of the GOP... shudder in your boots; I don't care.  You reap what you sew.  

That's MY AMERICAN OPINION, respectfully submitted.  

No comments: