Saturday, October 19, 2013

SPOILED WHITE HOUSE BRAT TELLS US TO "SHUT UP"

Having a bad cold leaves one with no choice but to take to the covers and try to fend it off, while listening over and over again to the despotic rhetoric of the day, "All of us need to stop focusing on the lobbyists, and the bloggers, and the talking heads on radio, and the professional activists who profit from conflict, and focus on what the majority of Americans sent us here to do." 

Wow.  I guess this means I'm the proverbial outcast, the black sheep of the family.  I should go to the corner of the room, sit down, shut up and never be heard from again. Well, I'm sorry Mr President, because I'm an American and I love my country.  I am not one who is going to roll over and play dead while you and your proteges trash my religion, my guns, my education, my upbringing, my values and everything else that I believe in.  

You may have gotten away with it in your upbringing, but I didn't in mine; I learned early on that I cannot have my way every day.  I am not the only person in the family or the only person on the face of the earth that matters.  While I am a deeply religious Christian, there is nothing in any of my bones that tells me I am the Messiah, the Anointed One, any more than you are.  

When others express their opinions, I listen.  I truly listen and evaluate; I even often change my own opinion and accept theirs.  That's a trait that makes a good leader.  Being the biggest bully on the schoolyard does not make for good leadership.  Forcing people into doing what you want only proves that you intend to turn others into puppets. 

I fully understand you have forced the mainstream media to abide by your dictates.  But, Americans have the right, whether you believe it or not, to hear the other side of the story and to decide for themselves where they should stand on any important issue of the day.  You have no right to dictate that.  

As an American, I intend to keep on writing, opining and putting out the facts as I know and see them to be.  You can continue to throw your tantrums and act like a spoiled brat, but this time I am going to have MY way.  

Get used to it.  

That's MY AMERICAN OPINION, respectfully submitted. 

No comments: