Wednesday, June 28, 2017

WOUNDED WARRIOR PROJECT: APOLOGY DUE

SPECIAL POST

I rely a lot on the Internet as a source of material for my blogs.  I use only reputable sites and multiple sources.  Evey now and then, I and my fellow writers get suckered into spreading misinformation.  Thank God t rarely happens, but when it does, I need to own up to it.  In the case of the WOUNDED WARRIORS PROJECT, it seems that is the case and I really need to give the matter some justifiable space.  

There were a number of inaccurate news reports last year alleging lavish spending and misuse of charitable money on the part of officials at the top of this organization.  Now, several charity rating services including the Better Business Bureau have investigated the charity and concluded that the Wounded Warriors Project is actually one of the best run charities around.  

I'm like you: I want my charitable giving to go where it's going to get the best bang for the intended buck.  I'm also a military veteran and have sincere empathy for any guy or gal who gets injured while serving our country, but I don't want to get taken for a ride in the process.  There are a number of illegitimate charity scams in existence out there targeting those of us who feel the same way, and I wanted to warn my friends and readers about Wounded Warrior Project.   

It turns out I was wrong, and I apologize.  They are a very worthwhile charity and back on the top of my list, as they should be on yours.  

That's MY AMERICAN OPINION, respectfully submitted.  

No comments: