Tuesday, May 26, 2015

ARE YOU READY TO DECIDE?

SPECIAL POST

I think it is quite evident by this point in time that I.S.I.S. is on the rampage all over the Middle East.  The president's "strategy" of having the locals deal with the situation is fundamentally flawed, because you have Shiites fighting Sunnis, Syrian rebels fighting Assad, Iran fighting Iraq... they are so busy fighting each other that it is difficult, probably impossible, to create a coalition that is able to deal effectively with I.S.I.S.  

So what?  One is tempted to let them all shoot it out with each other and to keep our noses out of it.  Yet, it is also evident that, once their caliphate is established, the I.S.I.S. militants are going to continue their relentless pursuit of world domination.  All of which inevitably leads me to the question:  At what point in this steady march are we... Americans... going to stand up and commit to the defeat of I.S.I.S.? What will be the turning point?  Moreover, should we wait for them to define the moment that we've had enough?  

The argument I hear frequently is that I.S.I.S. is just egging us on, deliberately trying to get us to put boots on the ground.   They want to fight us.  So, why should we give them what they want?  We'll show them a thing or two... we just simply won't respond.  

And where, I might ask, will that "strategy" get us? 

The time is coming, with increasing speed, when we are going to have no choice but to grab guns and defend ourselves.  Personally, the thought of their raping, pillaging and murderous ways running violently around our homeland doesn't really turn me on.  We're not going to have a choice, any more than we had a choice against Hitler.  Granted, the thought of this president trying to lead us into battle against I.S.I.S. doesn't turn me on, either. Since he doesn't seem to know how to deal from a position of strength, I'm inclined to think the picture of his trying to be a Franklin Roosevelt or Harry Truman is, sadly, a laughing matter. 

But, the new Day of Infamy is on the horizon, and we Americans are going to have to make a critical decision.. probably long before Obama leaves office.  As distasteful as that proposition might seem, the events of history and the threat of seeing evil defeat good in the world are all combining, leading us toward the thunderous and horrible days of war once again. 

That's MY AMERICAN OPINION, respectfully submitted. 

No comments: