Tuesday, February 17, 2015

TAKE YOUR DAMNED AGENDAS AND SHOVE THEM

SPECIAL POST

An Oregon couple who owned a bakery shop have been found guilty and subjected to as much as a $150,000 fine for violating the state's anti-discrimination law.  A lesbian couple asked them to bake a cake for their wedding and the bakers refused based on their religious beliefs.  At the time of their refusal, same sex marriages were not legal in Oregon.  A year later, after the Oregon law was overturned, then the lesbians sued the bakers.  

The Oregon Bureau of Labor and Industries filed charges against them and they have subsequently lost their bakery business.  The fine will bankrupt the bakers and their five children.  The ruling said, in essence, that the bakery shop was not owned by a religious organization and the religious exemption does not therefore apply, regardless of the beliefs of the shop owners. 

One can only presume that if the couple files for bankruptcy and doesn't pay the $150,000 fine, they will then be sentenced to prison. 

Who says we don't have political prisoners in this country? 

Enough is enough.  If I don't want to bake a cake for someone, to sell them a meal, to rent them a motel room... I have the right to refuse service to anyone, and if they don't like it, that's their problem.  This whole case smacks of someone bound to get even, to push an agenda and to control someone's beliefs.  

As far as I am concerned, America is still a free country and I have every right to my beliefs and opinions; they may night not be socially acceptable, but I still have the right to them.  And I have the right to own guns, too.  To put me in jail or to fine me for exercising my rights is just as offensive to me as Sharia law. 

That's MY AMERICAN OPINION, respectfully submitted.   

No comments: