Tuesday, August 28, 2012

FUND-RAISERS GET OBNOXIOUS


SPECIAL POST

I’m sure we are all getting our share of calls from charities and political organizations looking for money.  I have a few select charities and organizations that I donate to, but it seems that they have shared my name with every charity in the United States.  I specified to every one of them that I didn’t want to get any calls, but that obviously fell on deaf ears. 

And, of course, there’s the endless list of political party committees.  Then, there are political committees of organizations. 

I tried being polite and telling people I didn’t accept requests by phone, by that got me nowhere.  Then, I started telling them why I didn’t want to donate and that got me into arguments.  So, I finally decided to simply hang up on them.  Why have the aggravation? 

Now, they’re calling right back.  This new tactic transforms fund-raising to domestic terrorism.  I don’t know about you, but I’m now afraid to answer the phone! 

Look, I recognize that fund-raising has gotten tough.  We have a rough economy and people just don’t have the spare change.  But, that fact doesn’t give these organizations the right to bully and intimidate.  They should be complaining to Obama about the economy.  They should be joining forces to force a change in our government that will lead to better economic times. 

They sure as hell should not be dialing my number, because I am sick and tired of it.  What say you? 

That’s MY AMERICAN OPINION, respectfully submitted.  

No comments: