Wednesday, March 19, 2014

OBAMA'S DISMAL HANDLING OF UKRAINE

SPECIAL POST

I've been challenged by a few radical left-wing Obama-types in the last few days about Obama's handling of the Ukraine.   "Just what would you have done?" they snarl.  

Number one, I do not believe in entering any confrontation or competition from a position of weakness.  The last thing you want a prospective employer to learn during an interview is that if you don't get this job, you're going to have to file bankruptcy and move in with your mother-in-law; you come on like you're God's gift to the creation of the business.  You might even park in the General Manager's parking spot, unless some other adventuresome lad has beaten you to the punch.  

So, I would have started off with an emergency all-night session of the National Security Council and would have come out of that straight into a nationwide address.  I would have ordered some naval vessels to run toward Russia and I would have beefed up my presence at German air bases... and I wouldn't have hidden what I was doing, either.  I would then have scheduled time for a speech at the United Nations and I would have arranged for a loud squeal of displeasure from NATO.   And I would have flown Kerry into Czechoslovakia and Poland to start talking about setting them up with missile defense systems and I would have made that trip public as well.  

During this period, I would refuse any telephone calls from Putin.  Only after the above steps were taken would I call Putin and tell him in plain English, in a short to-the-point up-handed tone that he needed to back his troops away from Crimea.  You will recall that they made a somewhat timid entry; they wanted to be prepared in the unlikely possibility that Obama might bark and they would have to withdraw. 

But, to state right from the get go that we had no military intentions, and then to go play a round of golf while the invasion gained steam... to have a 90-minute "chat" by phone... those were pathetic responses from a pathetic President.  

Illegitimi non carborundum.

That's MY AMERICAN OPINION, respectfully submitted. 

No comments: