Monday, March 24, 2014

JIMMY CARTER IS CORRECT?

SPECIAL POST

I don't disagree with everybody, or agree with everybody, all of the time.  I don't subscribe to a strict party line and reserve the right to cross "to the other side" on any important issue of the day.  Anyone who has followed my blog posts knows that I have no particular affection for President Jimmy Carter.  So, it's probably a surprise to many that I'm going to come out now strongly in favor of his position on some things. 

Yesterday, President Carter came out and said the country’s use of drones has been “abused” and that he communicates by mail with foreign leaders for fear his electronic correspondences are being watched.  Wow.  “I have felt that my own communications are probably monitored,” he told NBC’s “Meet the Press.” “And when I want to communicate with a foreign leader privately, I type or write the letter myself, put it in the post office and mail it, because I believe if I send an email, it will be monitored,” not that the U.S. Post Office would shuttle his letters off to NSA or some other agency to steam open and review before delivering.  

I think it s a magnanimous statement for a former President to make: he has concerns about the privacy of his communications in this country.  

This is supposed to be America, for Christ's sake.

Illegitimi non carborundum. 

That's MY AMERICAN OPINION, respectfully submitted. 


No comments: