Monday, March 17, 2014

INCOME EQUALITY, MY BUNS

SPECIAL POST

Contrary to what our Declaration on Independence says, not all men are created equal: some have high I.Q.'s, some have low I.Q.'s; some are muscular, some are not; some are artists, others are politicians.  To say that we are all created equally and that we are entitled to make the same income is pure, unadulterated horse manure.  

We have different levels of achievement: a brain surgeon whose techniques are unsurpassed and whose record of success is unblemished, and you have a general practitioner who barely made it through med school and whose chief claim to fame is that he has managed to practice medicine for twelve years without having his license revoked.  To suggest they should both be paid the same is beyond ludicrous.  

Requiring income equality stifles personal and economic incentive and growth.  Why should I bust my buns for $15 an hour when the fathead next to me, doing the same job, slacks off and makes the same?  Now then, if you have two people doing exactly same job and producing exactly the same amount of goods or services in exactly the same amount of time, then they should be paid equally.  

People need to be paid on the basis of their individual contribution to society.  If I wanted to live in a Communist or fascist society, I either would have been born there or would have moved there.  On the other hand, Barack, if you want to move me into the White House and pay me what you are getting paid to do nothing, I might be persuaded to change my mind.  

Illegitimi non carborundum.  

That's MY AMERICAN OPINION, respectfully submitted. 

No comments: