Saturday, November 09, 2013

I'D HAVE A HARD TIME

I was talking with a fellow veteran the other day and the subject of Obama came up.  He said, "You know, I served in Viet Nam for my country and I'd do it again if I had to, but I'd have a hard time following any order that son-of-a-bitch gave." 

That started a conversation that could have gone on for hours on end.  This is the President who, straight out of the box, made his dislike of the military so evident that it was etched on every veteran's mind.  He's the President who had the audacity to suggest that our wounded veterans should pay for their own insurance.  As far as the military goes, that relationship has been down hill ever since. 

Isn't it ironic that, were it not for the military Obama wouldn't have a country to run?  We'd probably all be talking German or Russian by now.  Isn't it ironic that when there's a big national emergency or disaster, it's the military and the national guard that shows up to deal with it?  Isn't it ironic that he's the Commander in Chief of the finest military force in the world and denied them the opportunity to respond to the Benghazi Massacre?  

The more I think about it, the more I'm glad I am not in the military today.  I agree with my buddy: I'd have a hard time taking orders from Barack Hussein Obama.  Which makes me respect those who have the guts and gumption to do it all the more.  

That's MY AMERICAN OPINION, respectfully submitted. 

No comments: