Thursday, July 18, 2013

THE TELEPHONE CALL FROM HELL

SPECIAL POST

It came on the land-line in the middle of yesterday afternoon.  Caller I.D. indicated it was from Washington, D.C.  My initial reaction was that it could not be a political ad... I've got most of those robocall sources blocked.  On the other hand, it could be from my Congressman since he just called yesterday and asked me to join his telephone town hall meeting last night.  So, I answered it.  

Well, it was an automated message; it didn't give me a chance to respond other than to "Press 1" to sign the petition.  What petition?  This is where things get ugly.  The voice rushed and urged me to respond right now, before it's too late.  "Press 1."  You see, it implored, we simply have to get guns outlawed.  President Obama has made this his top priority and he is "really angry... I mean really angry... I mean boiling red hot..." that George Zimmerman got his gun back. 

Holy shit, man.  

Now, I know that this call must have been made to everybody, regardless of political persuasion and regardless of whether or not they are on the do not call list.  I'm a registered Libertarian, a lifelong member of the NRA, and I'm on the do not call list.  If you didn't get your call, don't sweat it; just let me know and I'll drop a note to Barack and the Red Hots.  

We really need to get this jackass out of the White House before he totally destroys what remains of this country.  

That's MY AMERICAN OPINION, respectfully submitted. 

No comments: