Saturday, March 19, 2016

MONICA IS NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO LIKES A GOOD CIGAR

Well, I'm back and it will take a few days to get all blogs up and running, but this post needs to be made now.  

I traveled from northern California to central New Mexico, stayed there over a week, and returned.  In the process, I went through California, Nevada, Arizona and New Mexico, all of the time wearing a red and white "Make America Great Again" cap.  Now, given the anti-Trump vitriol spewing from Romney and his cohorts, you would have surmised that I was surely taking my life into my own hands. 

But, that was not the result.  I was bombarded with thumbs up gestures, smiling faces and abundant other signs of agreement with the Trump movement.  Not once did I encounter any hostility, but I did meet a lot of people who were ready to set fire to the Republican establishment if it persists on trying to derail the guy they want to vote for in November.  

The "good old boys" like Romney, Ryan, Graham and McConnell, seem to be more than ready to destroy the Republican Party and hand the election to Hillary or Bernie rather than to obey the growing will of the people who are backing Trump.   They don't seem to want to see the party unite unless it's behind their anointed candidate... someone who they can control and make deals with.  

It should be obvious: Trump is headed for the nomination.  That is the will of the party membership. If the party does not unify behind Trump, the party is sealing its own ill fate.   The chore now facing us is to kick all of the incumbent bums out of Congress and to come together behind Trump; that's the only way our goal of restoring this country to its roots will ever occur.  

To the Romneys, Grahams, McConnells and Ryans of the party, I say good riddance...  Go sulk in a Washington bar someplace and enjoy a good Cuban cigar.      

That's MY AMERICAN OPINION, respectfully submitted.  



No comments: