Saturday, January 07, 2012

OUT AND ABOUT


I apologize for the lack of posting.  When you are away from home and in a remote area, getting internet access that you can use is often frustrating.  I do have the ability to connect through cell phone towers, but you have to be close to one to use it.  I’m up on the Olympic Peninsula in northwestern Washington State where the nearest liquor store is 65 miles away; now, that’s remote! 

As you know, Washington is predominantly a Democrat state.  I think the last time they had a Republican governor here was in 1578, and he was hung before the end of his first term.  So it is that I have been keeping my conservative leanings to myself, which leads me to the ability to make some pretty interesting observations. 

People here are not any happier with government in Washington D.C. than they are in northern California or anywhere else in the country.  As a matter of fact, they seem to be disillusioned and frustrated beyond words.  I ran across one old codger who claims to have been a staunch Democrat since time immemorial who now says he will vote for a Republican for President… any Republican… if Obama is on the Democratic ticket in 2012.  And, there is a multitude of people who would very much like to tie Congress up and burn them all at the stake. 

I suppose I should take comfort in the fact that I am not alone; I'm not even in the minority.  Far from it, Americans everywhere have had it up to their ears with “Washington politics as usual.” 

It is my sincere hope that this angst will develop past the talking and venting stages and turn into action at the polls in November.   We need to replace all of those guys who are part of the problem and definitely not part of the solution. 

That’s MY AMERICAN OPINION, respectfully submitted.   

No comments: