Thursday, December 22, 2011

MY REPUBLICAN PICK FOR PRESIDENT

SPECIAL POST

We're just two weeks from the Iowa primaries and ready to begin a six-month primary season.  The time has come for me to stick my next out and make an endorsement. 

The problem is that, like you, I don't have the warm fuzzies for any current Republican in the field.  Yet, one has to make a pick.  It is much easier for  me to say who I don't like: Romney, the closet liberal and Perry, the Bush III.  The ones I consider worthy of mention are Gingrich and Bachmann; Paul is just too radical for the country at this time.  The rest are yawners.  

So, that gets me to Bachmann.  I just don't think she has the horsepower to be President.  I like her and her ideals, but Obama has saddled this country with enormous problems as a result of his gross mismanagement.  I can't see Bachmann working her way through them.  But, she IS my second choice. 

That leaves us with Newt.  Newt CAN out-debate Obama.  Newt has some good ideas.  Yes, he does have some baggage, but far less than Romney as far as I am concerned.  And, if we do our job and get rid of the irresponsible and non-responsive members of Congress, (95% of them), we should have a fresh Congress willing to keep the President in line and to work with him toward resolving these big issues.  Gingrich has a proven track record of working with both sides of the aisle in getting things done. 

There is a caveat to this endorsement, so I will word it this way:  Given the current candidates for the Presidency, I endorse Newt Gingrich.  He's the best overall candidate of the lot.  And that, if you examine each of them carefully as I have been doing, is a very logical conclusion.  

That's MY AMERICAN OPINION, respectfully submitted. 



No comments: