Saturday, October 23, 2010

HOW TO VOTE ON NOVEMBER 2ND

We’re just a little over a week from election time. Many people in many states have already voted. Most of the military stationed overseas will not be able to vote, but many illegal aliens will. One wonders what mischief ACORN has been up to. Yes, they were disbanded into dozens of smaller organizations with different names, but they are all still “loosely connected” through their “association.”

I could spend a day talking about the first paragraph. The point is, about 5% of legitimate American voters are still undecided about what to do. Clinton and Obama are running around the country trying to smooth over the multitudes of sins committed by Reid, Pelosi and Obama and those who blindly followed their commands. What they are really trying to accomplish is to motivate the Democratic base that swept Obama into power in 2008 to come out and vote again.


From my observation, all but about 20% of that base is too embarrassed about what has happened over the past two years to come out and vote again. But, if they get bullied into doing it, chances are they will not vote a straight Democratic ticket. In fact, I would suspect that more Republicans will get elected if Bill and Barry are successful in their campaign tours.

And, just how will I feel about that? I mean, I’ve been saying all along that we need to vote out the incumbents, regardless of political party, who have become part of the Washington “culture” of elitist dominance over American citizens. We did a great job in the primaries as far as voting incumbents out. But, what about now?

I am a registered Republican; I have been all of my life. Nevertheless, I will say that I am not voting a straight Republican ticket. I do think that the main task we must now accomplish is to neuter Obama’s political agenda. He’s planning to go ahead with it regardless of how the election turns out and my fear is that a continued dominance in the House and Senate will provide him with still enough political clout to do that.

So, my recommendation on national offices, the House and Senate, is to vote Republican. As far as other offices are concerned on the state and local levels, I think you should look solely at the qualifications of the candidates and their voting records; hopefully you will not find any with a history of voting, “present,” such as Barack Obama consistently did in the Illinois legislature.


That’s MY AMERICAN OPINION, respectfully submitted. 

No comments: