Sunday, January 27, 2008

UFO's: Are They Real? Do We Have Anything To Fear?


Yes, I have seen a UFO. In fact, I have seen UFO's on two separate occasions spanning two decades. Were they from out of this planet? I do believe so. Based upon my knowledge and experience, I would say so.

Does that mean that all reported UFO sightings are real? No. I think about 95% of them are from people who do not know what they are looking at. They are explainable. It's the other 5% of the sightings that I will address.

There IS activity in our skies that cannot be explained... even if you account for "advanced technology."

So, what makes me an expert? I'm not. I suppose that those two sightings could be explained away.... A little spin might do it. The problem is that the first sighting was a ground sighting and involved two other people. And, it happened in 1964 in southern Idaho. All three of us were in the Air Force at the time. I was a surveyor and relied on knowledge of the stars to fix my positions. I was also a pilot. The other two were surveyors and one of them had been involved in flight operations for years. I think I have a pretty good feel for what is real, and what is not.

My second sighting was in Las Vegas, around 1975. I was standing in a parking lot at night when someone else called my attention to it. It was airborne, about 1,000 feet above ground level, circular from the bottom appearance, had different colored strobe lights around its perimeter, and was eerily silent. I would make its speed fairly slow, about 75 knots.... traveling west to east for about five minutes and then it headed straight up at a very high rate of speed.... and disappeared.

Was I afraid? I was scared to death on the first sighting. I was entranced with the second. Am I afraid now? Hell no. Any society of beings who has the technology to travel stellar distances certainly has the capacity to do whatever harm it wants to do to us. The fact that this has not happened assures me that, although we are not alone, we have nothing to fear.

When I read about the UFO sightings that others have experienced, I myself dismiss most of them. Some of them describe what I could have seen in 1975.... similar descriptions. Those reports interest me.

Now, let's presume that the US Government knows about them and they are covering up that fact. Why? Because they are afraid of mass hysteria? No, I do have enough confidence in our government, as frayed as it is, to think that they would convey to us any threat, no matter where it comes from. So, that further assures me that we have nothing to fear.

Beyond that, I can conjecture nothing. Why are they here? Who knows? Maybe they are responding to our searches for extra-terrestrial intelligence. Maybe they want a good car deal. But, the fact that there has been no overt confrontation, the fact that they seem to try and stay out of our way... These things convince me that they are friends and not enemies. Those stories of abduction and experimentation don't fit with this scenario, so I dismiss them. I'm sure they know how we reproduce and what out pain tolerances are.

And that is my post for this day. What do I think about what has recently been sighted in Texas? Based on what I've seen, the videos of a light dancing around I would say is either the camera was bouncing around or the object had something to do with our national "star wars" research. On the other hand, there was a picture taken in the daylight of an object that bears resemblance to other unexplained sightings and, from the bottom, could match up with what I saw in Vegas that night.

That all having been said, we are not alone, and

That's MY AMERICAN OPINION, respectfully submitted.

No comments: