Friday, August 10, 2018

KANGAROO COURT IN MANAFORT CASE?

I'm no fan of Robert Mueller; if the guy was crossing the street in front of me, I'd have a hard time keeping my foot off the gas pedal.  So, you're probably going to think I'm as crazy as my ex-wife always said I was when I lay out what I'm about to say.  

Judges in our country are supposed to exhibit the epitome of the words "fair and unbiased" in the courtroom.  When they do otherwise, they open the door for an appeal by the loser in the matter based on judicial bias.  Judge T.S. Ellis in the United States vs. Manafort case is exhibiting what appears to me to be unprecedented bias from the bench.  After all, he's been belittling and scowling and growling at Mueller's team from even before the trial started.  

Now, I may agree with him, but in my heart I know this is wrong.  One has to ask himself if Ellis is doing this deliberately in order to set things up for an appeal.  The other day, he let his fuse overload in front of the jury, and that's even worse.  

I don't think Mueller's team has enough evidence to convict Manafort of jaywalking, let alone the crimes of which he is accused.  It's patently obvious to most of us that the sole purpose of this trial is to squeeze Manafort into testifying against Trump.  Nevertheless, the Judge needs to keep within his bounds and ensure that both sides are treated equally, under the law.  

That's MY AMERICAN OPINION, respectfully submitted. 

No comments: