Saturday, December 06, 2014

THE END OF "P"

I can vividly remember one of the first lessons I learned in life: my pappy said to me, "Son, it doesn't make any difference whether you agree with him or not, you always show due and proper respect to the President of the United States because he is our elected leader."

I've always done that.  Whenever I have been discussing a particular President, or the office of the President, I've always shown my respect with a capital "P."  Not everyone in journalism does that; they refer to the office of President as president.  They don't talk about the former President, for example; they talk about the former president.  Not me; I've always used the capital "P."  

Even with Obama, I have shown the respect of using the capital "P."  And from now on, whenever I'm talking about the office of the President, I'll continue to use the capital.  But, when I'm referring to Obama in particular, there's not  going to be any more capitalization.   I have absolutely no respect for this thug, this charlatan who pretends to be an American.  He's proven beyond all doubt that he is unworthy of any respect.    

From now on, it's president Obama and if he doesn't like it, he can go P up a rope.  

That's MY AMERICAN OPINION, respectfully submitted. 

No comments: