Thursday, July 19, 2012

AND... UP YOURS, OBAMA

SPECIAL POST

I'm an American small businessman.  I started my business in January of 2008 when things were starting to get tough in this country.  I went five months without a dime in income and depleted all of my savings trying to get my business off the ground.  Things started to happen and I ended that year having made more than I'd ever made in my lifetime as a wage earner.  Uncle Sam participated by getting a higher tax payment out of me. 


But, as we all know, 2009 was a disaster.  I sweated the entire year thinking that I might not make enough money to keep on going in year three.  Nevertheless, by year's end, I had made twice what I made the year before.  Fortunately for me, I've been successful ever since, although 2011 brought me less net income than any of the other years.  This year is going extremely well. 

I worked long and hard hours, I made hundreds of telephone calls, I sent out literally thousands of mailers.  And, I have succeeded in fulfilling a need and creating a new business and making a decent income.  I have done all of this regardless of the government.  The government never helped me, never sweated with me, never put it's last dollar on the line with me.  I did it.  All the government did in this process was to keep piling on regulation after regulation after regulation in what now seems to me to be an overt attempt to keep me from succeeding. 

But, I did it, despite the government and definitely not with their help.  

Having the President of the United States tell me that I did not do that, I did not create this successful business... it was because of government that I accomplished what I did, is a direct insult to my integrity, my efforts, and my risk.  Insulting America's successful businessmen is just about the dumbest thing Obama has ever done.  He truly deserves to be "tarred and feathered."  

That's MY AMERICAN OPINION, respectfully submitted. 


No comments: