Saturday, December 13, 2008

NO RESPONSIBILITY TO ANYONE; It’s Great!


I have decided to abdicate any and all responsibility to anyone or to this country, and to assign my proxy without question to those who govern. In doing so, I declare freedom for myself, and I can join you and the rest of the country in a totally liberated new way of life.

Let’s just talk through a few of the many advantages. For one, I couldn’t really care less about what Blagojevich is doing or trying to do. That’s his business, not mine, and if the State of Illinois has a problem with his actions, they’ll deal with it. Why should I care? As a matter of fact, and as you can tell by my prior posting on the subject, I actually have now come to champion this guy’s cause. Why should he be singled out for punishment? Not my problem….really.

As for the Caylee and Casey Anthony thing, I’ve stated my case. Poor Casey was the real victim here. They want to prosecute her for murder? Come on, pal! What’s the real difference between an abortion in the second trimester before birth and the 12th or 13th after birth? Can you honestly explain that one to me? So, let them deal with their God, if they have one. Actually, the whole Anthony family is a bunch of crackpots, but I can now let it go.

As for all of these bail outs, why should I care? It really is NOT my money; once they take it out of my paycheck or I send it in with my tax return, it’s theirs, not mine. And, if they’re spending more than they’re taking in, they’ll eventually deal with that problem. Maybe they’ll deal with my sons or grandkids or whatever, but it won’t be me, so I’m not going to worry about it. Those guys at AIG who had high-class parties after they got their bailouts have every right to lay off employees now because the employees have no ownership in the company anyway. That’s simple.

And, as a final example, there’s all of this flack over the display of nativity scenes and the use of the word “God” in any conversations or writings on any public land or in any public building. Obviously, those who object have no God and those who allow them to prevail also have no God. In fact, they are probably best defined as the "Anti-Gods." Just because I believe in God, so what? God will take care of them in due time and I really shouldn’t worry about it.

Having shed myself of all cares and responsibilities, I feel like a new man. Maybe I’ll smoke some Mary J or snort some coke and celebrate the real and total peace of this new season in my life. Who cares if it’s illegal? Everyone does it. That makes it acceptable and therefore it is my right.

Happy Holidays to you, my friend, and be sure to follow the advice of Nancy Pelosi, George Bush, Harry Reid and Barney Frankfarter and spend lots and lots of money on gifts this year. They’ll take care of your bills, don’t worry about it. Guaranteed!

That’s MY AMERICAN OPINION, respectfully submitted.

No comments: