Saturday, November 14, 2015

TRUMP HAS GONE TOO FAR

In the course of American history, there have always been boundaries of propriety in the conduct of human affairs.  We may have the Constitutional luxury of free speech, but we recognize certain limits beyond which civilized man simply doesn't venture; otherwise, he gets labeled as being a lunatic and someone to be avoided at every opportunity.  

So far this season, I had narrowed my presidential favorites down to four, being Trump, Carson, Rubio and Cruz.  After this 95-minute diatribe by Trump Thursday night, during which he dared to firmly cross that aforementioned demarcation line, I have arrived at the opinion that he is a total cad, totally unworthy of the highest political office in this great land.  


At first, of course, he was a welcome change from the political status quo.  He appears to be of above average intelligence and capable of running just about anything, but he has become demonstrably crude and rude.  He has also made it clear that, like Barack Hussein Obama, he thinks that a common American in this country is beneath his dignity to treat with respect.  

I don't need a boisterous carnival-barker in the White House; I need a leader, a patriot and a diplomat.  

I do want a change from the status quo; we all do.  But, I don't want another jackass in the White House who thinks he can tread all over the rest of us.  My new short list consists of Carson, Cruz, Rubio and Huckabee.  

That's MY AMERICAN OPINION, respectfully submitted.  

No comments: