Tuesday, May 18, 2010

JUST SAY "NO" TO ANY POLITICAL PARTY DONATIONS

I've been getting many letters from the Republicans asking for my opinions and asking for donations.  I'm sure the Democrats are getting the same letters. 


Regardless of political inclinations, we do agree that we are beyond being upset with our politicians in Washington and the cavalier lack of responsibilities to us.  This goes back for decades.  So, why do we contribute to political parties to enable them to keep the same old cronies in power?  Let's show some common sense and keep our money in our own hands so that we can support candidates who will be more responsive to our needs and wishes?  This is a letter I just sent off: 


May 10, 2010

National Republican Congressional Committee
PO Box 98219
Washington DC 20077-4591

You folks at the RNC still do not have the message. We lifelong Republicans are no longer happy with the party.

There is a major, major problem in Washington: no one there gives a damn what we Americans think or want. That is true for both parties. When the GOP is in, they ignore us and mismanage our country. When the donkeys are in, they do the same.

Here we are, just five months from mid-terms and the RNC has done nothing to assure me that the party has received the message. I hear a lot of rhetoric, but see no action. As far as I am concerned, the GOP had plenty of opportunity to show me their stuff when they were in charge of the White House and Congress and all it showed me was bad government. It certainly did not fix the soaring costs of health care, and I am now saddled with those soaring costs and more government control of my life because you did not do your job.

This country is going over the cliff because of corruption in Washington, total lack of ethics, and a failure of our representatives in Congress and the White House to live up to the responsibilities we entrusted them with. The GOP is just as much at fault as anyone else.

So, here I am, knowing that the problems in Washington have evolved into a culture. The only way to break up the culture is to get rid of those who created it and live in it. With rare exception, I recommend voting against all incumbents regardless of political affiliation. Maybe then, you all will get the message.

As for contributions to the party, no way. The way Michael Steele is spending it, the way it was spent at the L.A. night club… why should you even have the gall to ask me to contribute?

Show me some leadership. Make a promise to me as to how you will govern if you ever get another chance. Put it in writing. Live up to your word. Until then, my money goes to the Tea Party who, although they are not fielding candidates, manages to get things done for the good of the country.

Maybe the GOP should take a clue from them?

*****

The next time you get one of those "surveys" and donation requests, send them back a piece of your mind.  Maybe someone back there will get the message. 


That's MY AMERICAN OPINION, respectfully submitted. 

No comments: